Sunday, March 27, 2005

Going back to my childhood Fellowship

It's 2am and I'm too excited to sleep. Today is Easter Sunday and I've finally decided to go to the Breaking of Bread, with the Fellowship I was raised in, for the first time in over ten years; I'd like to commit myself to them as my home church because I believe this is where the Lord wants me to be. In saying this, I know I need to be more faithful and open than I've been, and have to prove myself to them (and myself). I've really struggled with the idea of returning to the Fellowship due to feelings of hurt and pride I've been unable to set aside, until now. Honestly, I am still struggling with this but my Lord is able to save and His Spirit lives within me.

I find myself deeply excited about going to the Lord's Supper and believe, wholeheartedly, if this is where the Lord Jesus desires me to be, then He will give me the grace to overcome the bitterness and hurt I've felt, and give me peace. It won't be easy, I know, especially to humble myself and take whatever comes, but He is able to give me the grace I need to do His will, praise His Holy name!

It's really a relief to give up the fight and put it all into my loving Father's hands. I can rest in HIs peace.

No comments: