Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Enjoying work

I started a new job in April of this year. In the beginning it was pretty difficult because there was a significant period of adjustment; moreso than other jobs I've held. I've left the nursing field to work as a secretary at the University near my hometown. It's way less stress and great benefits altho' the pay is not nearly as good as in nursing. Still it's worth it! I'm happier in my current job than I've been in a long time.

I just had my 4 month evaluation (there is a 6 month probationary period) and I did great. It was nice to get perfect scores on everything and hear the wonderful feedback from my supervisor, Angie. My first eval was much harder, mostly 'cause I didn't know what to expect, I guess. Plus I'm pretty much a perfectionist in the work setting and I wasn't happy hearing negative things about me. To have Angie tell me how pleased she was in my performance, it was great! Here's hoping I'll be able to have another great eval in October so I can pass my probation.

No comments: