Monday, February 14, 2005

Becky w:Lucy


Becky w:Lucy
Originally uploaded by ragamuffin.
I recently came across one of my all time favorite photos of my niece, Lucy, (at 4mos old) and my sister, Becky. This was taken 18 years ago when I was in New Zealand, visiting them at their home in Christchurch.

I look at this photo and realize how much I've missed of Lucy's life, and how sorry I am that distance has lead to my not being the auntie I longed to be for her when this photo was taken. Lucy is now entering her first year of college, and I've not seen her since she was about 18 months old, during her last visit to the US. I can't believe how much I miss her and long to see her again.

Because of health problems which have kept me from working consistently, and all the financial issues which arise from this situation, I've not been able to get over to NZ again. I would love to some day get over there for more than just a couple of weeks so I can get to know both Lucy and Sam again, before they are out of the house and married. Oh well, it's something to pray about! The Lord knows my needs, hopes and desires.

No comments: